For employment opportunities please visit the following link for all current job openings. Click here for all available Montgomery County jobs.
Applications will only be accepted for those positions currently listed. Please submit the General Application along with a current resume to the Montgomery County Human Resources Office as instructed. Initial Applications are not issued or submitted at the Recruiting Office. Click here for a general county employment application.
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office begins the hiring process from applications submitted through the Montgomery County Human Resources Office. If your application is selected you will be contacted by the Recruiting Office to set-up an initial employment interview. You must bring a current Resume with you to the initial interview.
You must meet the following general requirements to be considered for employment:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Naturalized Citizen.
- Deputy must be at least 21 years of age.
- Detention Officer must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED or have an honorable discharge with at least 24 months of active service.
- Stable credit history and work history.
- Possess current Texas driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Pass all phases of testing and background check.
- No convictions of a Class A misdemeanor or above. No Class B convictions in the last 10 years.
- No convictions of family violence.
The links below will provide information concerning entry level positions and requirements.
- Employment Opportunities
- Recruiting Process
- Employee Benefits
- Applicant Testing
- Job Task Simulation Packet
- Police Officer Selection Test Study Guide
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is committed to protecting and serving the community with integrity, pride, and professionalism. The Sheriff’s Office seeks to accomplish this through:
- Enforcing laws in an effective, fair and impartial manner.
- Partnerships between the Sheriff’s Office, county, federal and municipal agencies, to identify and resolve issues that impact public safety.
- Partnering with the public to increase awareness and implement prevention programs.
- Providing safe, secure and humane jail that meets all statutory mandates.
If you have any questions regarding employment with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office you may contact the Recruiting Division at 936-538-7733 or via fax at 936-538-7781.
Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office
#1 Criminal Justice Dr.
Conroe, TX 77301
Email a Recruiter: