You must meet the following general requirements to be considered for employment:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Naturalized Citizen.
- Deputy must be at least 21 years of age.
- Detention Officer must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED or have an honorable discharge with at least 24 months of active service.
- Stable credit history and work history.
- Possess current Texas driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Pass all phases of testing and background check.
- No convictions of a Class A misdemeanor or above. No Class B convictions in the last 10 years.
- No convictions of family violence.
Department Mission Statement
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office is committed to protecting and serving the community with integrity, pride, and professionalism. The Sheriff's Office seeks to accomplish this through:
- Enforcing laws in an effective, fair and impartial manner.
- Partnerships between the Sheriff's Office, county, federal and municipal agencies, to identify and resolve issues that impact public safety.
- Partnering with the public to increase awareness and implement prevention programs.
- Providing safe, secure and humane jail that meets all statutory mandates.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion…
If you have any questions regarding employment with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office you may contact the Recruiting Office at 936-538-7733 or via fax at 936-538-7781.
Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
#1 Criminal Justice Dr.
Conroe, TX 77301
Email a Recruiter:
- Bethanie Carr, HR Clerk IV
- Tony Russell, Human Resources Specialist
- Kim Schuessler, Human Resources Specialist
- Brian Lennon, Recruiter
- Ashley Mellon, Recruiter
- Errett Leck, Recruiter
- Tim Boerema, Recruiter